Sports By Santosh July 28, 2016. Since Wilder has invoked his rematch clause, Fury is a -220 favorite to win the third match between the two, and perhaps after that, Fury will get a chance to beat Anthony Joshua. Luis Ortiz (31-2, 26 KOs) 8. George Foreman was easily the best swarmer/slugger in heavyweight Boxing history. I feel sorry for this guy because, in their first bout, he was an explosive dynamo who shocked the world by knocking out Joshua. 7 on my pound for pound list, and I think he’ll have success as a heavyweight. Joseph Parker just fought. George Foreman became boxing’s oldest heavyweight champion when he was 45. He’s over 40 years old but was still able to outbox Deontay Wilder in almost all of the round across two fights. The Ring magazine named Ali the No. Jack Dempsey (June 24th, 1895 – May 31st, 1983) William Harrison “Jack” Dempsey, nicknamed “Kid … One, he was the guy who successfully dethroned the nearly decade long reigning, consensus heavyweight champion of the world, … Sadly, in 1968 the reigning champ of the Tiffany weight class was nobody. Jack is another greatest heavyweight champion of all time. But Usyk, the former undisputed cruiserweight champion, is No. Marciano has been ranked by many boxing historians as one of the best heavyweight boxers of all time. Dillian Whyte (27-1, 18 KOs) 7. Ali is a three-time heavyweight world champion and is widely considered the best boxer of all time. After Robert Helenius’s massive upset against Adam Kownacki on Saturday night, when the Finnish heavyweight somehow knocked out the undefeated prospect by fourth-round TKO, the heavyweight division’s major players will now get some time to relax. The best fighter on the planet right now is a middleweight in Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. Whyte is probably the hungriest contender in the division right now. (Photo by American Stock Archive/Getty Images) Dempsey won won the World Heavyweight … I think he is one of the greatest boxers not only because of the fact he was a champion or because of … At 27-1 with 18 KOs, Whyte is hungering for a title shot. He’ll face Pulev in June in London and after that, he could face another mandatory opponent in Oleksandr Usyk. If you are not familiar with Tyson Fury, he is a British boxer currently rated the best heavyweight in the world. Required fields are marked *. In pound-for-pound lists, a flyweight can rank higher than a heavyweight even though the bigger man would swat the smaller man with ease in reality. I can't say that about Jones. … Wilder has exercised his rematch clause and if Fury beats him again, he will likely be headed to a big-money showdown against countryman Anthony Joshua. The Best Heavyweight Boxers Today Tyson Fury. 3 best pound-for-pound boxer of the last 80 years (behind only Sugar Ray Robinson and Henry Armstrong) in 2002, and named him the Fighter of the Year a record six times. Whether he can compete with huge heavyweights like Fury, Joshua or Wilder remains to be seen. The roster of great fighters Langford bested is amazingly long, despite the fact so many avoided him. So, the 71-year-old’s list of 10 best heavyweight boxers of all time clearly has very high validity and he puts his idol, Joe Louis, in first place. MIKE TYSON has said he is up for fighting a reigning heavyweight boxing champ in an exhibition. I wouldn’t favor him to beat anybody in the five spots ahead of him—sure, he topped Ruiz in 2016 but I thought Ruiz won that bout and I think Ruiz would get the official victory if they ever have a rematch—but I think Parker has proven that he’s still a quality fighter. After making … … His next fight will be against Alexander Povetkin. Getting another title shot may be out of the issue for Ortiz but he is still among the elites in the heavyweight division. Like Wilder, he was awful in his last fight. This American boxer was the undisputed Heavyweight champion and the youngest, at the age of 20, to win the world Heavyweight title (knocking out Trevor Berbick in round 2 for the WBC title). 3) Deontay Wilder: Some organizations might have Wilder lower than No. He is also one of the famous boxers of pre war period. Light heavyweights do have the speed and agility as well as the knockout power and skill … All championship reigns. Defeated such outstanding talents as Max Baer , Jack Sharkey, James Braddock, Billy Conn , John Henry Lewis, Max Schmeling , Jimmy Bivins and Jersey Joe Walcott . Career total time as champion (for multiple time champions) does not apply. Unfortunately for Kownacki, he’s no longer on this list. Whyte says both are afraid of him but I don’t think so. And yes, we don’t know who Ruiz will fight next. The following is a brief explanation of the boxers who are included in the Foreman’s 10 best list of all time: Joe Louis, 371-14 Louis was world heavyweight champion from 1937 to 1949 and throughout his 13 years of career he defended 25 titles. That could be a real challenge for Joshua. In fact, many of his fights set financial and attendance records. He looked like a fighter who didn’t know what to do inside that ring. India has so far given us some of the best flyweight, featherweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight boxers. Tony Canzoneri: 137-24-10 (44 KOs) In an era of great fighters, Tony Canzoneri was one of the best. Joe Louis: Deadly power, astonishing timing and accuracy, and an amazing 25 defenses of the heavyweight crown make “The Brown Bomber” one of the greatest boxers, of any weight, who ever lived. 10) Robert Helenius: OK, I admit it. For a long time, the likes of Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao ruled the sport. But one bad night shouldn’t knock Wilder too far down the heavyweight rankings. In boxing, pound-for-pound lists are made to provide clarity on who the best fighters are using criteria consisting of quality of victories, achievements, and ability, regardless of weight class. But Usyk, in my opinion, could beat most of the boxers on this list. Best Heavyweight Fighter Ever? The top 10 heavyweight boxers in the world right now have been ranked 1. (Photo by Michael Owens/Getty Images), EY & Citi On The Importance Of Resilience And Innovation, Impact 50: Investors Seeking Profit — And Pushing For Change, Michigan Economic Development Corporation with Forbes Insights. "Sugar Ray Robinson," (born on May 3, 1921 as Walker Smith Jr.), who competed professionally from 1940 to 1965, is generally considered the greatest pound-for-pound boxer of all time. But after suffering back to back losses, the Kiwi has rebounded to win three consecutive bouts, all by knockout. Heavyweights are often considered to be the world's best boxers, because a 6-foot-9 athlete who weighs 250 pounds would easily flatten someone 5-foot-8 and 140 pounds during a 12-round fist fight. Which makes now a good time to look at the heavyweight division and see where everybody shakes out—and to see where they might be heading in the next several months.