Native-speakers, of course, use the articles correctly without thinking in everyday spoken language. Articles Worksheet Download: Articles-Worksheet-Englishcurrent.doc (with answers). The indefinite article (a, an) is used before a noun that is general or when its identity is not known. Worksheet. Home. Start with several pictures of common objects. Deciding when to use their, there or they're is tricky at any age. Their There and They're. Los Angeles has _____ ideal climate. English learners, on the other hand, need to have some guidelines for making the right choice - … We cannot say “please pass me pen”, we must say “please pass me the pen” or “please pass me a pen” or “please pass me your pen”. The 3 articles in English are a, an and the. "Joe has a car." These articles, short stories, fairy tales and fables teach kids about a wide range of subjects so your child can learn more about history and science while improving literacy and vocabulary skills. She wants to see some movie.) The indefinite articles in English are "a" and "an." The learner has to decide noun-by-noun which one of the articles to use*. Exercise 1 : a / an - indefinite; A / an - articles - exercises; A / an - indefinite articles; Articles : write a / an; A / an - multiple choice; Articles: a / an - exercises; Articles a / an - exercise 1; Articles a / an - exercise 2; A / an - indefinite articles; Complete - write a/an exercises; A / an fill in the gaps; A / an - exercises; … Articles exercises A/AN: elementary 1 . Instructions: Put the correct article (a, an, the, or nothing) into the paragraphs below.If an article is not needed, then select the blank option.. Students, if you’d like to … (The … ESL Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced (click to jump to questions). This is _____ best Mexican restaurant in the country. 4th grade. Their There and They're. We will start teaching articles by simply asking your child “what’s this” and having her reply with an article such as “a”, “the”, or “some”. They usually spend their holidays in _____ mountains. Grammar rule 1. (The speaker doesn't tell us which pen he needs. The speaker talks about any one of that type of thing. Workbook. In fact, there are 4 choices to make, because sometimes no article is necessary. Teaching Articles Step One: Articles in Short Phrases. There are rules to help you decide which one to use, but first, you need to know what type of noun you are using. the no article a 2. Articles. topic: ARTICLES: Mixed Articles Exercise #3 (A, An, The, No article) | level: Beginner/Intermediate Choose the correct (and most natural-sounding) response to complete each sentence: 1. I can't live on _____ 500 dollars a … "Lisa wants to see a movie." no article a the 4. no article an the 3. DEFINITE AND INDEFINITE ARTICLES. He simply needs a pen, any pen.) Articles are used before nouns or noun equivalents and are a type of adjective. Examples: "I need a pen." 2, Ex. Teaching articles can be easier than you think though, just try these three steps. In English there are three articles: a, an, and the. Articles: definite 'the' Worksheets - handouts. Reading & Writing. The definite article the refers to a specific person, place, or thing. The indefinite article tells us that the noun is not specific. Study English Articles (A, An, The) Online with These Exercises. When you have a single, countable English noun, you must always have an article before it. There are certain situations in which a … “A/an” and “The” are the two types of English articles. Many Things - "A, an, the or nothing Quiz" KiCo4U/Kids Corner - "A or An" (Fill in the gaps) Soft Schools- Indefinite Article Game English for Eveverybody- "The Article Wolf" (A, An or The) British Council- "Articles" English Exercises - Ex 1, Ex. (The speaker doesn't tell us which movie Lisa wants to see. Give your child some practice with with this fun … Content. The definite article (the) is used before a noun to indicate that the identity of the noun is known to the reader. 3 (A or An) Quia - "Choose A, An or Nothing" … Nouns …