You have to cope with it to get the best performance out of your MKII. Off-axis coloring. © 2020 Harman International Industries, Incorporated. Here is the best thing about the D112 is that AKG has also continued it from the previous model. When I first started my project studio, the D112 was my go-to for kick drum. Things to Be Aware of when using the AKG D112. One being the off-axis coloration and the other is the proximity effect. The Austrian company claims this model can conveniently handle over 160 dB of SPL without any distortions. Your browser's Javascript functionality is turned off. MKII comes with its drawbacks as well. You just need to place it in the right spot to get the maximum output from it. And if you are using it in a larger venue or in outdoors, you will find the positioning of this mic will be a little difficult. Of course, when you are on a stage with so many other instruments playing, isolation becomes almost difficult to achieve. It doesn’t come with many confusing controls. Win anything from speakers, headphones and soundbars, no catch! I have a Bachelor's degree in Sound Engineering and I work on producing content for the Hifi Guide in my spare time. Surprisingly, D112 is rather the exception. It has a robust construction and delivers a custom frequency curve that makes it easy to get the best sound right out of the box. Want a chance to enter our monthly giveaway? I used the AKG D112 in live drumming applications for years. AKG has truly created an industry standard for drum microphones and with a few tweaks from the previous model, the company has done a fine job to make it even better. The MKII gets the same features from the previous version boasting a silver grille with a green flashy line smack in the middle. AKG D112 MkII Professional Bass Drum Microphone. You can conveniently use it for your various instruments as well as vocals.eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'thehifiguide_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_7',106,'0','0'])); You can conveniently enhance the sound coming out of your drum kit with your MKII. The defining characteristic of the previous model was a bespoke curve. Its large diaphragm has a very low resonance frequency that delivers a solid and powerful response below 100 Hz. Seine sonoren Tiefen werden von einer Schmalband-Präsenzverstärkung von 4 kHz ergänzt, die auch die reichhaltigsten Mischungen und Lautstärken auf lauten Bühnen kraftvoll durchstößt… And all the credit goes to the open back construction of this microphone. AKG D112 is a classic mic for kick drums that features large diaphragm, designed for high sound pressure and can handle quite a bit of vibrations. This mic is more or less accurate throughout its … It is the most sensitive to the sounds that are coming right from the front of it. This is the case that mostly happens with any cardioid mic and with the AKG D112 as well. Just make sure you have properly placed your mic and leave the rest to this gem of a cardioid microphone. It detects and records anything neglecting random sounds. If you use it close up it will significantly reduce any reflected sound and will work wonders.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'thehifiguide_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_9',114,'0','0'])); MKII comes with its drawbacks as well. All the adjustments you will have to do are either with your fader or with your equalizer.eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'thehifiguide_com-banner-1','ezslot_4',110,'0','0'])); The mic is pretty easy to mount if you are using a short boom stand for it and positioning it is not a mess either. It comes with a large diaphragm for delivering precise frequencies. And this is where the AKG D112 comes in to play its role. Das D112 MkII kann einen Schalldruckpegel von mehr als 160 dB ohne Verzerrung handhaben.