All the self-sacrifice he could make was necessary to gain "at all events some," and that would be his ample reward. who is offended, and I burn not? Verb - Aorist Indicative Middle - 1st Person Singular. .--Better, I am become all things to all men that I should save at least some. . Romans 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 1st Person Singular. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. 1 Corinthians 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. A prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be, i.e. (A) I have become all things to all people(B) so that by all possible means I might save some.(C). Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Accusative Masculine Plural. 1 Corinthians 9:22, NLT: "When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. 1C iC 1Cor i cor icor) Christian Bible Study … The natural climax would have been--"I become all things to all men that I might win all." I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 1 Corinthians 9:22 King James Version (KJV). 1 Corinthians 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved. . All rights reserved worldwide. 1C iC 1Cor i cor icor) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools. To gain, acquire, win (over), avoid loss. Read verse in New International Version Deliver or protect. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. From a primary sos; to save, i.e. Strengthless. Although he had thus accommodated himself, so far as was possible, consistently with Christian duty, to the weaknesses of all, he could only hope to win some of them. Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, NT Letters: 1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became as weak (1 Cor. The, the definite article. His subject was not, as enemies might suggest, to win them to himself--but to Christ. An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object. In order that, so that. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. (lit: not strong), (a) weak (physically, or morally), (b) infirm, sick. New International Version (NIV), Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access, 1 Corinthians 9:22 in all English translations, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Luke, Comfort Print, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Personal Size, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Romans, Comfort Print, NIV, Story of Jesus: Experience the Life of Jesus as One Seamless Story, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Acts, Comfort Print. Wholly, entirely, in every way, by all means, certainly. Adverb from pas; entirely; specially, at all events, in no event. But the Apostle's humility could not let him dare to hope for so great a reward as that. All, the whole, every kind of. Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular. 2 Corinthians 11:29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? I am become all things to all men that I should save at least some. 1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. 1 Corinthians 7:16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole. Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some." The word "save" means "win over to Christianity," as in 1Corinthians 7:16, and is used here instead of the previous word "gain," being repeated to prevent any possible perversion of the Apostle's meaning as to "gaining men." From kerdos; to gain. 1 Corinthians 9:22 German Bible Alphabetical: all became become by have I may means men might possible save so some that the things To weak win NT Letters: 1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became as weak (1 Cor. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. 1 Corinthians 8:13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend. or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife? 1 Corinthians 9:22, CSB: "To the weak I became weak, in order to win the weak. Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the. To save, heal, preserve, rescue. I am made all things to all. to become, used with great latitude. Any one, some one, a certain one or thing. Probably from the same as the former part of heautou; in order that. 1 Corinthians 9:22 New International Version (NIV).